…and looking forward to 2018!
We’re excited to continue supporting conservation agriculture in 2018 with your help. Here is what we are looking forward to (so far):
- Launching a brand new website and a modified logo. Our new website will have a sleek, fresh new look and retrieving information about conservation agriculture will be easier than ever.
- Our 2018 Conservation in Action Tour will be held in the Maryland/Washington D.C. area this summer. Plans are already underway, and we’re thrilled to share more information with you in the coming months.
- Working with USDA on a project to highlight successful strategies for organizing local watershed protection efforts that engage local stakeholders and effectively communicate how agriculture is actively addressing water quality concerns.
- Helping farmers and members of the supply chain document how they are sustainably providing commodities to downstream partners and how farming more sustainably can have a positive impact on the farmer’s bottom line.
- Working with partners to implement a remote sensing project that can help to estimate crop residue amounts and cover crop acreage using satellite photos and publically available data. This is the next generation of our traditional Crop Residue Management (CRM) survey.
- Working with beekeepers and farmers to improve pollinator habitat options and overall pollinator health by using best practices on the farms and in the hives.