Understanding Conservation Tillage Systems Resources
- Better Soil, Better Yields is a guidebook to improving soil organic matter and infiltration with continuous no-till.
- Facilitating Conservation Farming Practices and Enhancing Environmental Sustainability with Agricultural Biotechnology explores environmental benefits of conservation tillage, facilitated significantly by biotechnology crops.
- A Review of BMPs for Managing Crop Nutrients and Conservation Tillage to Improve Water Quality reviews research on nutrient best management practices (BMPs) for nitrogen and phosphorus, with emphasis on integrating BMPs with conservation tillage.
CTIC leads initiatives to promote and encourage adoption of conservation systems. Click here to learn more about CTIC Initiatives.
CTIC recommends the following sources for more information about agricultural conservation systems:
- On-Farm Comparison of Conservation Tillage Systems for Corn Following Soybeans assists producers and their advisors in selecting a conservation tillage system for corn in a corn-soybean rotation.
- Conservation Tillage Series provides information on crop rotation, weed management, soil compaction, nutrient management, cover crops and economic statistics.
- Energy Estimator for Tillage estimates diesel fuel use and costs in production of your area’s key crops and compares the potential energy savings of conventional tillage and alternative tillage systems.
- 60 Ways Farmers Can Protect Surface Water provides ideas on how producers can protect water quality without sacrificing production.
4R Nutrient Stewardship emphasizes four central components: applying the right fertilizer source at the right rate, at the right time, and in the right place.