JUST ONE WEEK LEFT TO REGISTER FOR CTIC CONSERVATION IN ACTION TOUR!
Time is running out and seats are filling up quickly for the Conservation in Action Tour hosted by the Conservation Technology Information Center (CTIC), which will be held in central Iowa August 20 and 21. Registration for the event closes in just one week, at midnight on July 26.
The tour includes farm visits, a tour of a cutting-edge ag retail operation, a close-up look at the Iowa Land Improvement Contractors Association (LICA) demonstration farm, and talks by leading policy makers, researchers, conservation agriculture specialists and ag retailers from the state and national levels.
Other highlights include:
- An address by Iowa Secretary of Agriculture Mike Naig at the tour's opening social at the World Food Prize Hall of Laureates;
- Talks by Katie Flahive of US EPA and Kurt Simon, state conservationist for Iowa with USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service;
- An opportunity to drive a state-of-the-art sprayer training simulator;
- A demonstration of New Leader's cutting-edge fertilizer spreading technology;
- Dinner at the beautiful Jester Park Lodge;
- and more.
"We're down to just one more week until our cut-off date for seats on the bus and our special Conservation in Action Tour price for hotel rooms at the Embassy Suites Downtown in Des Moines," says Mike Komp, executive director of CTIC. "This is a wonderful way to get a deep look into real-world conservation practices and connect with many of the most interesting and dedicated people in the conservation agriculture, all in one action-packed day. It's a real don't-miss opportunity."
For more information on the Conservation in Action Tour, visit CTIC's website
or call CTIC at (765) 494-9555.
The CTIC Conservation in Action Tour is sponsored in part by our Diamond-level sponsors—Bayer CropScience, The Mosaic Company, Syngenta and The Conservation Infrastructure Initiative co-led by the Iowa Agriculture Water Alliance (IAWA) and the Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship (IDALS)—and our Platinum sponsors, The Fertilizer Institute and Corteva Agriscience.